![]() |
| 04/14/2012 - At my highest weight |
![]() |
| 05/02/2013 - Down 58 pounds! |
Hello everyone. I just passed my six week surgery anniversary.
Six weeks means that I have no more
food restrictions, so now I just need to slowly add normal foods back to my
diet. Of course, “normal” now means low
fat, low sugar, and small portions. On
Wednesday I ate lettuce for the first time in many weeks, and it tasted
glorious!
I enjoy my food so much more than I
did before. I’m sure that this is mostly
because I had to eat such bland food for six weeks, but now every bite of vegetables
and fruit taste like heaven! I can’t
believe how much I missed eating fresh food.
I have not had any sugar or fat cravings (yay!); in fact, the sight and
smell of things like brownies, cookies, etc. make me a bit queasy now. I have been able to eat some toast though (1/2 a slice at a time), which has also tasted wonderful!
A big challenge for me is learning
to cook smaller portions. I’ve always
believed in cooking plenty of food for each meal, and now I’m trying to make
just enough for three people. (Mom and I equal one person when it comes to
serving sizes.)
I am really enjoying cooking
again. I’m having fun trying out new
recipes and converting old recipes so that they are lower in fat and sugar. Pinterest has been an awesome for new recipes
and ideas – love it!!! I even bought some hard red wheat so that I could grind some whole wheat flour and make bread - something that I haven't done in years! (Yes, I own a stone wheel grain mill.)
As for my health, I visited my surgeon for my six week
follow up today and he is very pleased.
I’ve lost about 15 pounds more than his average patient has at six
weeks! Also, I haven’t taken my blood
pressure medicine since I had surgery, but my BP today was 120/72. Woot!!
Dan and I walk twice a day; I usually log about 6,000 steps a day, but I
have gone as high as 8,000. My goal is
to walk 10,000 (or more) steps a day on a regular basis.
My surgeon has also released me from any physical
restrictions, so Dan and I are going to start working out with regular gym
equipment next week. I’m really looking
forward to that.
Dan has been great!
He’s also been working hard and is now at his lowest weight since before
we moved to Ohio 18 years ago.
Oh, and just for the record, I’m now down 58 pounds for the
year (40 pounds since surgery)!
Hugs,
Sandra


Awesomeness!
ReplyDelete